Ok, so the popular music right now is pop and hip-hop. People like this....why? Autotune, music from computers that sounds like a video game, and pointless lyrics are so in right now! Not very many people like country or rock because its either depressing or scary. Jazz is also another type, but they don't really have that anymore.
I'm not the biggest fan of country (just Zac Brown Band and Taylor Swift, woohoo!) but i think country singers and bands deserve a lot more credit than they get. This is because they use actual instruments, and playing instruments actually requires talent. Anyone can sing with autotune and make fake music.
Rock on the other hand is the same. People don't like it because of the screaming and the hard music. In their defense, it is really hard to scream like that (don't try it, it hurts) and the guitar picking and drum beats are really fast since the music is really upbeat. I also think that rock/metal people should get more credit.
Comment about what kind of music you like and vote on my poll please! Thanks!
~Alyssa
I try to show respect for people who can do things well, even if i don't like it. For example, I dislike hip-hop dancing, but hey, if you can spin on your head you deserve a round of applause!
ReplyDeleteTrue true true!!
ReplyDeleteYou are soooo right!!! I grew up listening and loveing country music, but people hate it. They have lyrics that actually make a story and isn't auto-tuned. They DO need more credit!!!
ReplyDelete